- 2006-current: Assistant Professor, College of Architecture, Interior Design Program, UTSA,
- 2004-2006: Assistant Professor, Interior Design program, University of Idaho.
- Solovyova I (2007) The Time Has Come. Vestnik VolgGASU 8(27). pp. 202-208.
- Solovyova I (2005) The strategy of development of students’ creativity and education in aesthetics. In Sidorenko VF, Matovnikov SA, Glavatskih LU (Eds.) Pressing Problems of Architectural Education. Volgograd: VolGASU, pp. 58-61.
- Nanda U and Solovyova I (2005) Embodiment of an Eye. In Harder E (Ed.) Writing in Architectural Education. From and Co, Denmark, pp. 150-161.
- Solovyova I (2003) Conjecture and emotion: An investigation of the relationship between design thinking and emotional content. In Cross N (Ed.) Expertise in design. Design Thinking Research Symposium 6, Creativity and Cognition Studios Press, Sydney, p.163-174.
Selected honors and awards:
- January 2006: 4th place in "Alternative Educational Ways for Teaching and Learning Architectural Design" International Architectural Education Competition, Open House International, Turkey, co-authored with Upali Nanda;
- November 2004: European Association for Architectural Education Velux special mention award 2003-2005, co-authored with Upali Nanda;
- 1996-1997: Scholarship of the President of Russian Federation, Russia, $ 16,700.
- Fall 2003 - current: European Association for Architectural Education, privileged member;
- Fall 2004 - 2007: Interior Design Educators Council, associate member, January 2008-current: professional member;
- Fall 2004 - current: International Interior Design Association, associate member;
- Fall 2004 - current: The American Institute of Architects, associate member;
2004 - current: International Society for Research on Emotion, associate
Publications in "Wolkenkuckucksheim – Cloud-Cuckoo-Land – Vozdushnyi zamok":