Research design, field work, analysis, presentation and publication on the effect of Visual Images on Human Perception and Health.
- 2001-2005: Ph.D., Texas A&M University, College Station, USA;
- 2000-2001: M.A (Arch), National University of Singapore, Singapore;
- 1994-1999: B.Arch, School of Planning and Architecture, India.
- Feb’06- Present: VP, Director of Research, American Art Resources, Houston, TX;
- 2001-2005: Research Assistant, Dept. of Architecture, Texas A&M University, Texas, USA;
- 1999-2000: Research Consultant, SK Das Architect and Urban Designers, Delhi, India;
- 1999-2000: Experimental Education Techniques and Developer, Cambridge Primary School, Delhi, India.
- Nanda, Upali, Eisen, Sarajane, and B. Veerabhadran. (2008). Undertaking an Art Survey to compare Patient vs. Design Student Art Preferences. Environment and Behavior Journal. (in press)
- Nanda, Upali (2008). The Ventriloquist Effect in Architectural Design. In Ripley, C., Polo, M. and Wrigglesworth, A. (Eds.) In the Place of Sound. Newcastle, UK. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Nanda, Upali, Hathorn, Kathy, and Neumann, Tali. (2007) A Study on the Art-Cart program, and the Art-Preferences of in-patients in St.Lukes Episcopal Hospital, Houston. Healthcare Design Magazine. September 2007.
- Hathorn, Kathy and Nanda, Upali (2007). What is Evidence-based Art? Facility Care Magazine. May/Jun 2007.
- Nanda, Upali. (2004) From Disconnect to Dialogue: Using Cognitive Neuroscience to make a crossmodal argument for Sensory Design. Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) Regional NE Conference Proceedings.
- Nanda, Upali. (2003) Attention Architecture! A Sensthetic Approach to the Design of Place. ACSA International Conference. Helsinki. Conference Proceedings
- Nanda, Upali, and Downing, Frances. (2004) Mappings: Embodied Journeys of the Mind through Space. ACSA Regional NE Conference Proceedings.
- Nanda, Upali and Solovyova, Irina. (2005). Embodiment of the Eye in Architectural Education Writings in Architectural Education by the European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) 2003-2005
Awards and Honors:
Association for Architectural Education (EAAE);
2003-2005:Velux Special Mention Award;
- Oct’ 2004: Glasscock Center for Humanities Research Travel Award;
- Mar’ 2004: Robert and Helen Wingler Endowed Scholarship;
- Apr’ 00 - Jul’01: Graduate Fellowship, National University of Singapore;
- 1985-1994: Govt. of India Scholarship for Indian Classical Dance.
- Editorial Board. Health Environments Research and Design Journal,
- Evidence-based Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) Committee,
for Health Design.
Publications in "Wolkenkuckucksheim – Cloud-Cuckoo-Land – Vozdushnyi zamok":